While surfing the internet, we may observe web banner ads, Mobile apps, Video campaigns, Informative blog posts quite often while surfing the internet? All these are nothing, but different forms of Digital Marketing! Yes, you heard it right.
As the world is getting more and more digitized in every respect, Digital Marketing is a booming career option today. Digital Marketing is making a strong impact in the world of Marketing and Advertising, with several outstanding features such as cost-effectiveness, flexibility, instant response, convenience, effectiveness. Especially, the start-ups prefer going digital to market their brand, products and services. Today ‘Digital Marketing’ and ‘Marketing’ both are becoming synonymous.
Digital Marketing Areas/Careers:
Digital marketing – It’s a big field with a wide range of areas and segments such as Social media, Content writing, Email marketing, SEO/SEM, Data Analysis, Designing, and much more…To get into Digital Marketing, you need to identify your interests and strengths in order to make a right decision to specialize into a particular area of Digital Marketing.
Why Digital Marketing?
- The world is going Digital and by the year 2020, all the companies around the world including India will have an online presence and thus creating a lot of career opportunities.
- It is a progressive field. With technology developing every day, you have to continuously develop your digital marketing skills so that your career keeps growing.
- According to this research, the digital economy is growing 10 times faster than the traditional economy and firms that engage in online trading are twice as likely to be creating jobs as firms that aren’t.
- It provides you with various career options. If you love social media you can be a social media manager, you can go for web designing or if you are a born writer, go for content marketing and so on.
- You don’t have to spend sleepless nights mugging up the formulas that you are never going to use in your life.
- You can dress as you like so say bye bye to the boring formals.
Every area has junior to managerial positions and based on your hard work and commitment, you can scale up your position just like any other professions. For example, for SEO, the job positions will be:
- SEO Intern
- Junior SEO
- Senior SEO
- SEO Analyst
- SEO Executive
- SEO Manager
The growth in every digital marketing area is fast and rapid. You can start earning huge pay right from the start of your career.
“Whatever you are, be a good one.”
Skills Required to Become a Demanded Digital Marketer
A digital marketer should have a set of following skills to excel and flourish in his or her career. Brian Burt, founder of WebRev Marketing & Design says, “As the internet becomes an increasingly dominant part of business, all professionals have a duty to become proficient in basic digital marketing skills. And when you add this skillset to your already impressive qualifications in your field, you become a double threat and infinitely more valuable to current and future employers.”
Some of the important skills every digital marketer must possess in his or her armory are:
- Communication Skills
- Project management skills
- Writing skills
- Creativity skills
- Analytical Skills
- Technical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Internet savvy
Well, everything is getting digitized, so why not marketing? Therefore, getting into Digital Marketing is a very lucrative career option today. However, the sky is the limit for those who show their true potential!