Social media is ubiquitous. You can’t get away from it. Smartphones, palm tops, laptops, make sure that wherever you are, wherever you go you are only a click away from Twitter, Facebook, your personal blog, your company’s blog, your favorite newsfeeds, etc.
However, projecting the vital role of social media in the day to day life of people and the change it might bring with respect to information, governance, business and commerce, the government of Andhra Pradesh takes the initiative of starting a conversation around social media through Social Media Summit 2017.
Social Media Summit & Awards is supported by Government of Andhra Pradesh and aims to start conversations around how Social Media is influencing trends and lifestyle, SM Summit 2017 is a national event connecting people, content and emerging media for the first time ever in our country.
It is a proud moment for AP as its new capital Amaravati has been hosting the first ever Social Media Summit & Awards, SMSA in India.
SMSA or Social Media Summit & Awards is a national event connecting people, content and conversations around emerging trends in media, now delivered through a network of creative conference experience and streamed online through social media on various facebook, twitter, Instagram and linkedIn official channels of SMSA.
The Social Media Summit aspires to:
Engage – Entrepreneurs, Brand Managers, Social Media Strategists, Journalists/Bloggers, Students, Artists and Activists, Technologists, Media Specialists and Developers.
Educate- By discussing trends, pros and cons of the digital marketing industry, way- forward, and take note of strategies that remove risks involved.
Entertain– By highlighting the importance of incorporating social media into your marketing strategy by demonstrating how it can add value to a business in terms of both revenue and brand.
Highlights of Social Media Summit:
- The Summit is being organized by VIBRI Media supported by Govt. of AP. It is CM Naidu’s vision.
- The main aims of the summit are Engagement (of Entrepreneurs, Journalists/Bloggers, Brand Managers, Social Media Strategists, Students, Artists and Activists, Technologists, Media Specialists and Developers), Education (regarding trends, pros and cons of this industry, way- forward etc) and Entertainment (through importance of incorporating social media into your marketing strategy by demonstrating how it can add value to a business in terms of both revenue and brand).
- It happened on 18th and 19th November at A Convention Centre, Vijayawada, AP.
Program of the Social Media Summit & Awards :
Day 1 – Organizations representing the event are Google India / YouTube, Facebook India, Twitter India and Eminent Movie personalities who effectively use Social Media are key partners and participants of the Summit. Speakers of high caliber address about Content in all dimensions of Social Media. Sessions will be organized on topics such as: “Best Practice in creating socially relevant Snackable Content.”- By Mr. Satyaraghavan – Head of Entertainment Content at Youtube.
Day 2 – The awards ceremonies will be involved 30 different categories from more than 200 nominations from content writers, teams and social media personalities. Apart from this Indian Idol Revanth Kumar Sharma and Shraddha Sharma will be performing along with teams from India’s got Talent, for the night.
Eminent guests in attendance –
- Satyaraghavan – Head of Youtube India
- Ankur Mehta – Head of Media Partnerships (Regional), Facebook india
- Aneesh Madani – Head of Sports Partnerships, Twitter Asia Pacific
- Prasad Devineni- Producer of the Mega Movie “Bahubali”
- Rana Daggubati – Film Celebrity
- Deepika Padukone – Film Celebrity
Well, Social media is a billion-dollar industry that offers unending opportunities for brands to connect with their audience. So to take advantage of it, organizations have to understand that the social media sphere evolves very quickly, so staying ahead of these shifts is crucial.
Now go and get social right away!